SUPER HERO MAGAZINE CHECKLIST
Your project should include the following, in this order:
- (optional) colorful, magazine-style cover;
- MLA-style cover page;
- colorful drawing of the superhero;
- biography of two paragraphs or more, properly formatted;
- cinquain poem about hero;
- limerick poem about hero;
- magazine/newspaper article with minimum of 5 short ¶;
- fan letter of two paragraphs or more;
- comic strip (colored and/or more than 3 panels for e/c);
- colorful drawing of the superhero’s archenemy;
- list of ten conflicts, labeled correctly, rewritten or typed;
- (optional) biography of the superhero’s archenemy;
- (optional) extra comic strips;
- (optional) interviews, letters to the editor, advertisements, etc.;
- (optional) extra songs or poems about superhero;
- an MLA-style bibliography, which will be provided for you.
Feel free to include extra writing pieces and/or illustrations if you have time. Also, this project could really use a colorful, magazine-style cover for even more extra credit!
• Biographies should be typed in a double-spaced format.
• Letters and Articles can be typed in a single-spaced format.
• The ten conflicts can be single-spaced or double-spaced and must be recopied from the original handout.
• All required work (except for drawings and comics) should be typed or in blue or black ink. Additional extra credit pages can be more colorful.
• The planning worksheet we did early on should not be included.
• Rough drafts should not be included!
• Quite a bit of extra credit is available on this project, so take this opportunity while you can…
• I am providing the MLA-style bibliography, but if you want to retype it, you can get extra credit for that, too. See me for formatting help, as “hanging indents” can be tricky.